Monday, October 24, 2011

Cookie Madness

Well here we are again, another Monday...This weekend was awesome though! Our good friends came over on Saturday and helped me clean my house to get more baby ready. It was so fast and nice to have the help. Now to just magically have my toddler know to keep everything clean and not throw his food on the floor, that would be a totally cool!
But this momma still over did on all the projects and ended up all swollen and unable to walk the next day. HAHA I skipped church! Yeah I know I'm going to hell. But anyway...I stayed in bed all day until my swollen legs and feet went down properly and by evening time I was in the mood for cookies.

Earlier in the week I had made peanut butter cookies from the JIF peanut butter cookie recipe you find on the back of the jar. I have yet to perfect it. They totally bombed and were not tasty at all. So yesterday I decided I wanted something I knew wouldn't go nasty on me and be the yummy in my tummy bliss I was looking for.

A big thank you as well to my husband who let me be lazy and sit in a chair so my legs wouldn't swell up again and tell him everything he needed to do in order to make these lovely cookies!

So without further ado, here is my version of the Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.

1/2 cup of shortening
1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped pecans

Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
Beat shortening, butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs until creamy.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix altogether with mixer.
Then mix in chips and nuts by hand.
Cookie dough should be a dull, non-sticky texture. Not wet looking nor super sticky.
If you do get a wet looking texture add a bit more flour and mix it in with your hands
so you can judge the texture better.
Drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a very lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

If you would like the original recipe I will link it here and up above.

If you have any ideas or requests on different recipes to try please don't hesitate to leave a comment below or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment