Monday, October 17, 2011

Breakfast for dinner-


One of my fond memories growing up was always that every Saturday morning (well almost every Saturday) my Dad would make his old fashioned pancakes. This recipe has been in my family for quite awhile and I must say was the first recipe I made sure I had a copy of when I moved out on my own.

It is a tummy filler and budget friendly!  Nothing simpler than pancakes and eggs.
A great thing about this recipe as well is that it makes a big batch of pancakes. Great for big families or if just for a little family like ours, I like to freeze the leftovers and then we have homemade ready made for the next pancake and egg meal. Which is always an awesome time saver for days when you just don't feel like doing anything or just wanna sleep in.

Here is tonight's dinner adventure: breakfast for dinner!
Dad's Pancakes
 2 eggs
1/3 cup of veggie oil
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 1/2 cups of milk
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking power
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt

You will have lumps, but you want lumpy! We always have fried eggs and I make homemade maple syrup as well. Make for a cozy full feeling. Comfort food at it's best, I think. So if you're looking for that old fashioned cozy feeling it's all right there.



*next cooking project: Apple Butter

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE breakfast for dinner, and my husband hates it. I'm jealous of your dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete