Friday, October 14, 2011

Apple Pie

Betty Crocker possessed me and I got all the energy this pregnant lady could muster and made apple pie from scratch. The pie dough actually worked out for me for once. It was flaky and uber yum. But the apples did not quite do what I was plannings on. It all turned out pretty dry but very lovely to behold. At least my sweet and sour chicken (which I made from a sweet and sour pork recipe just pan fried chicken breast instead of deep fried pork) that I made for dinner that night was fabulous! Even if the was pie wasn't up to snuff.

There are still many adventures to be had in cooking and baking for me. I might know how to make it taste or look good but sometimes it doesn't turn out with both. Like my potato soup. If I had bacon or leeks it would have been not as boring as just potatoes and onions but what can you do when all you have is potatoes and onions?

Which brings me to my greatest depressive. The lack of money and ability to have on hand those awesome things that make a meal spectacular.  With being positive for gestational diabetes not only is more money going out for pre-natel cares, but now diabetes office visits, diabetes supplies, and now diabetes medication. Our paycheck is being eaten alive by medical woes that seem to just become worse. If only...And that is what is depressing most of all. If only...
But one happy thing, we did get Bubby payed off today. All of our hospital debt from Bubby is payed off. So there is $120 extra a month that is going to be going to diabetic stuff. :P
Only 10 weeks more of pregnancy, if we last that long that is.

Hopefully next paycheck we can get Bubby a pumpkin to carve for Halloween. We're still working on his costume. Trying to figure out how to make a sonic screwdriver out of things we already have. It's becoming quite hard to figure out what to do, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. We're still really excited for Halloween! I sure if Bubby knew what it was all about he'd be super excited too.

No comments:

Post a Comment